Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Top 250 Movies From the Last 10 Years (2019) - 12 Years a Slave

Image result for 12 years a slave

I really did enjoy watching 12 Years a Slave.  I found most of it to be dramatic and well-acted.  My only disappointment was the way the ending was done.  It seemed like the director said "well I'm bored now" and really rushed the end.  Is the book like that too?  I've never read it myself.

Did you know the original book was writter by Solomon Northrup (the main character in the book and movie) who was a farmer and professional violinist in New York until he was tricked, drugged, kidnapped and sold into slavery?  Well, I didn't know that.  I am going to add this book to my to read pile which is so long I will probably by 89 before I actually open the front cover.

Did you ever watch the movie?  What did you think?



Academy Awards, USA 2014

Winner
Best Motion Picture of the Year
Brad Pitt
Dede Gardner
Jeremy Kleiner
Steve McQueen
Anthony Katagas

12 Years a Slave (2013) became the first film directed and produced by a black filmmaker (Steve McQueen) and also the first to be written by an African-American (John Ridley) to win the Academy Award for Best Motion Picture of the Year.

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role
Lupita Nyong'o

Best Writing, Adapted Screenplay
John Ridley

Nominee

Oscar Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role
Chiwetel Ejiofor

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role
Michael Fassbender

Best Achievement in Costume Design
Patricia Norris

Best Achievement in Directing
Steve McQueen

Best Achievement in Film Editing
Joe Walker

Best Achievement in Production Design
Adam Stockhausen (production design)
Alice Baker (set decoration)

No comments:

Post a Comment