Friday, May 25, 2018

Sometimes I just disappear . . .

If I tell people that I am an introvert they often look at me with disbelief.  When I do go out, I like to be the life of the party.  I like seeing people and saying hi.  I hate small talk . . . but love a good conversation.

If I tell people I don't do well with illness and hospitals they definitely look at me with disbelief.  I have been a support person to many friends and family over the years when they are facing injury or crisis.  I stand up to people.  I demand answers.  I don't do personal care . . . mostly because I'm a klutz.

If I tell people I'm depressed they often look at me with disbelief.  And yet I am so much of the time and it can be a battle to shower and get dressed, to take care of my responsibilities, to leave the house, to cook healthy food.  And it sucks.  But my smile is well practiced and knows to stay in place when I do appear in public.

So don't be surprised if I disappear from time to time to recharge my batteries and take care of myself.  I always return, ready to face the world once more.




No comments:

Post a Comment