Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Orange Salad a la Monica

When I read the ingredients for this salad I nearly didn't make it . . . but I'm the kind of gal who will try anything once. I'm really glad I did.  I used blood oranges.


Quantity : 2 servings
Preparation : 10 min Standing : 30 min
150 calories/serving

Ingredients
2 oranges 360 g
1 green onions/scallions
10 black olives 4 tbsp
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 15 mL
1/4 dried chili peppers, minced 0.1 g
1/2 tbsp Italian parsley, fresh, chopped 3 g
1 pinch salt [optional] 0.2 g
ground pepper to taste [optional]

Method

Peel the oranges with a sharp knife, removing all the white pith from the flesh and saving the juice, if any. Cut the oranges into 7-8 mm rounds. Thinly slice the green onions. Arrange the orange rounds with the onions and olives on a platter.
In a small bowl, mix the extra virgin olive oil, reserved orange juice, minced chili pepper, salt, and pepper to taste. Pour over the salad.
Allow to stand for at least 30 min before sprinkling with the chopped parsley, then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment