Sunday, July 26, 2020

A Clockwork Orange 1971

Image result for a clockwork orange

I have never read the book or watched the movie.  This week I tried to watch the movie.  Tried.  I quit half way through because I found it insulting, violent and . . . well it felt like it had been written by a group of stoned teenage boys.  I've read the reviews where they talk about its redeeming values about the government's power over an individual's free will . . . blah blah blah.  

Kubrick must have done an amazing job of promoting this movie and millions of stoned teenage boys must have watched it.  How else could it have made it to the list of top 100 movies?



Academy Awards, USA 1972

Nominated
Oscar
Best Picture
Stanley Kubrick 
Best Director
Stanley Kubrick 
Best Writing, Screenplay Based on Material from Another Medium
Stanley Kubrick 
Best Film Editing
Bill Butler 

No comments:

Post a Comment