Saturday, May 25, 2019

We started Day 8 of our road trip on the Halifax waterfront . . .

Another amazing day.  I am so glad we are on this road trip.

We checked out of the Stardust and met up with Marc and Andrea to spend time on the Halifax waterfront.  We began our morning at Pier 21 and it was very interesting and inspirational.











Second stop was to the Halifax Seaport Farmers Market.  Hal really enjoyed all the samples . . . LOL!


My biggest regret of this trip has been that I couldn't figure out how to eat lobster with only one working hand.  Marc and Andrea were determined to resolve that . . . and took us to the Waterfront Warehouse.  Everyone ate "normal" food except me.  Hal had a cheeseburger (of course) and the "kids" had fish tacos.  I had to try stuff.  My drink was a Dark 'n' Stormy -- Goslings Black Seal Rum, Propeller ginger beer, and a lime wedge.  Very tasty!  My app was Solomon Gundy -- pickled herring, red onion, sour cream, and crackers.  I've never had a herring, pickled or otherwise, and no idea if I was even going to like it.  

  




It was surprisingly delicious!


And then they brought my lobster.  Marc cracked it all open for me.  I tried pulling it apart myself and could only manage the tail.  Andrea is a lobster professional so she did all the finer deconstruction.  I just ate and enjoyed.  She even showed me how to get the meat out of the knuckles.  Deeeelicious!




Unbelievably, we found enough room to fit in fresh, hot delicious Beavertails.  Heavenly!!




Mid-afternoon we said good bye to our wonderful tour guides and headed on the long drive to Louisbourg on Cape Breton Island.  We are staying at the Fortress Inn.  Not everything in town is open yet as their "season" doesn't open until June 1 but we found everything we needed including subs at the general store across the road for a late supper.




Tomorrow we will be visiting the Fortress of Louisbourg and then driving half of the Cabot Trail with lots of stops along the way.  Looking forward to another day of adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment