Friday, May 24, 2019

I Actually Got a Sunburn on Day 6 of our Road Trip

We crammed as much excitement as we could into our day, taking advantage of the beautiful sunshine.  Liverpool NS is gorgeous and, of course, has a lighthouse.





 Port Medway is also beautiful . . . and has a lighthouse.




Hal is hugging a sea hag at The Port Grocer where we stopped for lunch.  This store is restaurant, coffee shop, bakery, post office, library, grocery store, gift shop and who knows what else.  




I had the seafood chowder and an oatmeal pale ale.  Both delicious.  Hal had the breakfast biscuit and coffee.  He ate everything but the sprouts they snuck in . . . LOL.









 As we were parking Snow in Lunenburg Hal spotted this  . . .  and away we went.  Our guide is Austin and our horse is Jack.







The Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic also made Hal very happy.




The crew are getting Bluenose II ready for the season.





After our busy day, Hal was ready to find our motel.  I'm glad I talked him into stopping at Peggy's Cove instead.  Did you know Peggy's Cove has only 35 permanent residents?  




Supper was at the Sou'Wester Restaurant.  Hal was happy with Rickards Red but didn't enjoy a sip of my shandy.  That's good.  I wanted it all to myself.  Fish & chips for Hal and a lobster roll for me.  I would have loved a steamed lobster but I'm still basically one-handed.  The lobster roll was great.




We are staying at the Stardust Motel in Timberlea (Halifax) for a couple of days.  Laundry and a few errands in the morning, site seeing in the afternoon, and bbq at Marc & Andrea's this evening.  

No comments:

Post a Comment