Tuesday, January 8, 2013

What are you working on this week?


It has been a crazy busy week. My youngest son and girlfriend were here for a week and just headed for home on Saturday. I am still in the process of putting the house back in shape. Planning for our fundraising for Relay for Life is started. And I'm hosting some friends for a crop at my place on Wednesday. In the middle of all this Hal decides to get blood poisoning. Wow, do you get in to see a doctor fast when you have blood poisoning. The good news is that thanks to IV antibiotics Hal is already starting to get better and his employer has put him on light duty. The bad news is that we have to go sit in the ER every night for more antibiotics until he is well enough to switch to pills. That could be 3-7 days. If we both don't get sick this week it will be an absolute miracle.

What am I up to this week, other than all that? I'm making great progress on several manuscripts on the go.

I finished 2 dishcloths.

I finished the angry birds paper piecings I had been working on. I'm making My Little Pony ones now.

I've been using the prompts from the Crafting Made Simple Yahoo! group to focus what I write in my journal. I've heard privately from a couple of group members that they are also enjoying the prompts. I'm glad.

I finished reading I'm Lying by Sam Harris. Very interesting and quick read. I also read The Young Male's Marriage Primer by Larry Danby. Absolutely hysterically funny. My third read this past week was 20,000 Days and Counting by Robert D. Smith, a very thought provoking and uplifting book.I'll be doing a review for these books on my blog later this week.

I finished 2 layouts this week and I've been playing with some new techniques this week, using manilla tags to practice on.

My plans for this week are just to keep working away at my Dreaded To Do List. What are you working on this week?

See ya
Pam

2 comments:

  1. You know he can sit in emerg with a book by himself. No need for both of you to be exposed to all those germs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week I'm working on school work, preparing for exams next week, working on a BUNCH of LTC stuff, trying to spend time with family and boyfriend, as well as getting caught up on Once Apon A Time, and this weekend I'm making some stuff I saw on pintrest. Busy, busy, busy!!

    Catchow

    =(^._.^)=

    ReplyDelete