Friday, July 22, 2022

Journal Prompt ~ The Worst Weather



What's the worst weather event you've ever encountered?

Living in Canada means we get all kinds of interesting weather.  Living in SW Ontario means we can experience the sub-tropical right up to arctic conditions.  The worst weather event I can remember was the ice storm in 1976.  I was in high school and when I was walking home at noon I didn't like the way the rain was freezing.  It was a really difficult walk home.  I recall phoning my mother and letting her know that we would be staying home for the afternoon.  By the middle of the afternoon the storm was settled in and life stood still for a few days.  We were very lucky to have a fireplace and gas stove and gas water heater so we did pretty well.  We all slept in the front room in front of the fire place and we had a blanket up over the front room door to keep the heat in.  Our house was full of people every day.  It seemed at times like a big ol' party . . . until you looked outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment