Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Doll-baby by Laura Lane McNeal

Image result

Grab a copy of this book for an excellent and rather eccentric read.  Eccentric because that is the perfect description for the wildly unusual characters.  Doll-baby is the novel of some very flawed people living their lives during the civil rights era, the 1960s, in New Orleans.

I loved each of the characters on their own merit . . . okay maybe not Ibby's mother so much.  The characters are carefully crafted to full effect for a novel which will tickle your funny bone and warm the cockles of your heart.  Mostly it is about finding family even when they aren't related.

An excellent read!

Top Movies of All Time according to IMDB ~ The Matrix (1999)

You know I don't like scary movies but I have to say I thought The Matrix was pretty cool.  Of course I like the stars of this movi...