Tuesday, February 22, 2022

In My World Books ~ The First Step: An Encyclopedia of Small Business Ideas

This blog post first appeared here over ten years ago. It seems that tough times are here again. I hope you will find the perfect idea for YOUR home based business.


One of the few business sectors constantly expanding in today’s economy is the small  and home-based business.  The most difficult decision a person interested in becoming self-employed must make is what type of business will be the best fit for them and their family. 

So, a few years ago I wrote a book A Fresh Start on getting started in a small or home business.  I didn't make a lot of money at it but I learned a lot about publishing and writing from this effort.   

Three years ago my husband and I found ourselves both unemployed, in our 50s and really not sure where to turn.  For the next two years we supported ourselves through odd jobs.  In my spare time I started writing again.

I started from the research I'd done for A Fresh Start, 95 pages of good solid ideas, and expanded it to almost 400 pages of small business ideas.  Some ideas are quite unique, many new listings have been added to represent our modern multi-media environment, and some are good old time-tested ideas.  I'm pretty sure that the perfect home or small business idea for you will be in here.

My husband is now working in a career he loves and I am thrilled to be publishing this book,  The First Step:  An Encyclopedia of Small Business Ideas , available in paperback and as an ebook.

Please order one or several of my books at
Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment