Tuesday, January 4, 2011

When I grow up I want to be a writer . . .

I've said that so many times in my life.  I have had some limited success in the past . . . some newspaper and magazine articles published.  And then I took the plunge and wrote a book.  After a few rejections I decided to publish the book myself.  It was a kind of cool feeling.  But I just couldn't commit myself to marketing it the way it should have been.  Fear held me back.  I've allowed that to happen too many times in my life. 

So I'm going to really make an effort to reach goal #2 for 2011 . . .  Finish off some manuscripts and get them "out there". It is scary but I must do it. I'm sure I will get rejections but hopefully someone will see the merit of what I have to say.

Today was an exciting day for me.  Waite's Printing was finally opened so I dropped off a thumb drive with one of my manuscripts on it and had it printed off.  Now I have to do a final read and hopefully catch any mistakes.  And then {{gulp}} I'll start submitting it to agents and smaller publishers.  I have no idea if I will have any success.  But at least I will set aside my fear and try.

No comments:

Post a Comment