Monday, January 17, 2011

Hot coffee, not-so-green thumbs and knitting along . . .

I have just described my day in a few short words . . .

I had to set my alarm this morning.  You may have noticed that I am a bit of a night owl just by looking at the time of night I do my daily blog posts. 

Mom is an early bird . . . really early . . . So if I want to hang out with her I have to get up early.  I went on a little shopping excursion today with Mom and Sandy and we hit quite a few stores.  I picked up some sweet bargains along the way . . . nothing too too exciting except . . .


Mom took one look at my purchase and thought it was hysterical.  I was sort of offended . . . Okay not really . . . I cannot grow plants indoors in this apartment. 

Christmas 2009 Connie bought me a Chia pet (Spongebob Squarepants) and I tried to grow it.  I actually got a few sprouts before the whole thing croaked and the seeds turned to slime.  This past summer I had a lovely little herbery on my patio as well as tomato plants and 2 kinds of peppers.  They did awesome.  So I tried the Chia pet again . . . sigh . . .

So why would I buy these adorable little herb pots?  Hope springs eternal I guess.  I know I can grow herbs outside but I've never tried inside.  So maybe . . .

Maybe I should have tried growing the Chia pet outside first . . .

Stay tuned.  I'll let you know how my mini indoor herbery goes.


We stopped at Coffee Culture for a snack this morning.  In My World because this muffin contains two fruits, oranges and cranberries, it is 100% fat free and very nutritious.  Definitely tasty!

Spent some quality time with my family tree and did a little crocheting this evening.


My last accomplishment of the day was to finish off this knit-along project, a lovely dishcloth.  I belong to a Yahoo! group that posts a mystery knit-along dishcloth every two weeks.  This dishcloth is the mid-December 2009 project. 

Well good night all!  Tomorrow is Ladies' Day Out so I had better set my alarm and get some beauty sleep.

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment