Monday, June 22, 2015

The Godfather Part II

A while back I took a "quiz" on Facebook to determine how many of the top 250 movies of all time. I had actually seen. I scored 100 out of the 250 movies that were listed. If I was unsure about seeing a movie I didn't check it off so my score could possibly be much higher.

And then I started thinking that perhaps instead of binge watching old TV series I should binge watch movies. I decided just to take on the top 100 movies for a starter. Now I'm very sure I am going to agree with quite a few of the entries on this list but I already know I'm going to argue about a few as well.


So here is #4 of the top 100 Movies of all time according to IMDB:


The Godfather:  Part II (1974)

The adventures, trials and tribulations of the Corleone family continue.  Directed by Francis Ford Coppola and starring Al Pacino, Robert De Niro, Robert Duvall and Diane Keaton.

The two Roberts are still on my list of favourite actors today.

The Godfather: Part II (1974) Poster


At the Oscars . . . 

Won

Best Picture
Francis Ford Coppola
Gray Frederickson
Fred Roos
The movie became the first sequel to win the best picture award.
Best Actor in a Supporting Role
Robert De Niro
Robert De Niro was not present at the awards ceremony. Francis Ford Coppola accepted the award on  his behalf

Best Director
Francis Ford Coppola

Best Writing, Screenplay Adapted From Other Material
Francis Ford Coppola
Mario Puzo

Best Art Direction-Set Decoration
Dean Tavoularis
Angelo P. Graham
George R. Nelson

Best Music, Original Dramatic Score
Nino Rota
Carmine Coppola
Nino Rota was not present at the awards ceremony.
Nominated
Best Actor in a Leading Role
Al Pacino

Best Actor in a Supporting Role
Michael V. Gazzo

Best Actor in a Supporting Role
Lee Strasberg

Best Actress in a Supporting Role
Talia Shire

Best Costume Design
Theadora Van Runkle

2017 Craft Space Organization Challenge Take 2 ~ Challenge #8

I have not yet finished Challenge #7.  There . . . I said it out loud . . . LOL. In my defense, I was busy packing for a scrapbooking cott...