Friday, January 21, 2011

Two finishes of note . . .

Had a lovely pyjama day today.  And Cameron arrived this afternoon to spend the weekend.  The "boys" always have a good time together.

I cooked a lovely supper but I'm getting sleepy so I will post the recipes tomorrow.

Hal has been on the road for 2 weeks so he needed sleep desperately.  I didn't want to be rattling around the house and waking him up this morning so I decided to just read.  And I did.  This is the first time in a long time where I have read an entire book in one day.  But once I picked it up I just couldn't put it down.  I loved the characters.  Jack and Ma seemed so "normal" and real in the Room.  It wasn't until they were Outside that you realized what they were lacking.  Their journey is absolutely fascinating.  I think it really helped that the book was told in Jack's voice.  Loved, loved, loved this book and recommend it highly.

I also had a knitting finish today.  I've been knitting toques using a WWII pattern.  It is a great project to work on while traveling.  I just finished another one today.  Don't know who it is going to go to yet though.  Cameron took a few minutes out of his busy card playing schedule to model the toque for me.


Nighty night,
Pam

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the book recommendation. Our public library has a copy so I placed a hold....I'm #79 on the hold list and there are a ton of copies. Room is one popular book.

    Nice work on the knit hat. :)

    Lone R

    ReplyDelete