Friday, January 7, 2011

I may have a case of the post-Christmas blues . . .

I went to bed last night checking off in my mind all the things I was going to accomplish today.  I woke up this morning and barely had the energy to shower and dress.  But I did it.  And to perk myself up I even put on some mascara and styled my hair.  Maybe I should have allowed myself a day off after all the excitement of the past 2 weeks . . .

. . . I may have a case of the post-Christmas blues . . . 2 weeks of fun and games and travel and eating and visiting and drinking . . . and then today it was quiet.   I felt like the people in the depression medication ads.

I did put on some lipstick and go on a road trip with Mom.  We took my nephew to the London Airport.  Marc was on leave for Christmas but had to fly back to his boat? ship? today.  Marc is in the Canadian Navy.

Seaman Marc and Grammy Joyce
Of course, as soon as I gave myself permission to take the rest of the day off, I made a little supper, had a cup of tea, and I started feeling a little more chipper.  Which, of course, meant I started getting a few things accomplished and scratching them off my dreaded to do list.  According to the dreaded to do list today is now November 27th.  I know, I know, very pathetic, but in my defense there is only 1 or 2 items left on each date to scratch off and bring my to do life and my real life merging into the year 2011.

Hal called tonight to say they are going to be very busy for the next two weeks and that his plane ride to Thunder Bay was "interesting" because of weather conditions.  But he is happy to be in his truck and I am happy to hear that he is happy.

Well, I'm off to read for a bit and early to bed.  I have to get up at some horribly early hour in the morning to see Austin's basketball game.  Love the idea of the game, hate the idea of the alarm clock.

Nitey nite,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment