Thursday, January 12, 2023

The Challenge of 2023



I could go into great deal with what is going wrong in 2023 but I think we already know what the problems are. I'd rather find some solutions.

Menu Planning

I was menu planning whenever I was in the mood and paying for the service I use even when I wasn't using it. That wasn't going to help. 

I am determined to menu plan every week in 2023 and have included it in my weekly to do list.

The service I use is inexpensive, well-researched, and has menu plans for many health conditions as well as budget menus. Why pay for a service? Not everyone needs one. Many people are very shopping and food planning savvy. I constantly make bad choices, overspend, and fall back on take out food.

So paid service it is. If you want to learn more about the service I use just send me a message or comment below.

Why is it worth it to me to use a service? To get variety, good suggestions to deal with diabetes, and it provides all the recipes. The best part though is that if you register your favourite grocery stores it will create your grocery list with information on which has the best deal for each item. This is especially helpful if you like to "price match". 

Hardly Used Nearly New

I have no idea who came up with this clever name for discounted products but it has stuck. Plus its fun to say.

Become familiar with where your store displays their discounted meat, produce and other grocery items. I make it a habit to visit these locations a couple of times a week. Sometimes when I am really lucky (and I have a little extra money) I have been able to stock up my little chest freezer in one trip. It won't take long before you catch on to which stores discount on which days.

What do you do to save money on groceries?


No comments:

Post a Comment