Thursday, May 11, 2023

O Canada! The Best Canadian Books ~ All My Puny Sorrows by Miriam Toews

Miriam Toews has written five books so far. I've already read two of them, A Complicated Kindness and All My Puny Sorrows.

Image result for all my puny sorrows


This is the story of two sisters who are as different as two sisters could ever be but with a strong and enduring love for each other. Their characters are flawed and real and complex. You will feel an emotional attachment to them. You just won't be able to help it. Yoli (Yolanda) is a writer, a single mom, divorced and still looking for love in all the wrong men. Elf (Elfreida) is a well-known pianist, happily married, and wealthy and she wants to die.

This book kept me up at night.  I needed to keep reading.  This is definitely a must read!

No comments:

Post a Comment