Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Movie Review ~ Fight Club (1999)




I know I watched part of this movie back sometime in the murky past but I'm pretty sure I have never seen the whole movie.  Knowing I can't write a review without actually seeing the whole movie, I decided to give it another try.  It took most of the afternoon to watch it because every time I got annoyed I would hit pause and walk away for a while.  My grandson stopped in and asked me what I was watching.  "Just about the dumbest movie I've ever seen," says I.  "So why are you watching it then," says he.  "Well because I've made it all the way to the last half hour and I'm going to just stick it out to the end now."  And I did.


I like Edward Norton and Brad Pitt.  I think Meatloaf as Bob is cool.  Helen Bonham Carter always cracks me up with her eccentric characters.  So why don't I like this movie?  I guess it just seems dumb to me.  It is just too far out for me.

I think the Academy agrees with me . . . 


Academy Awards, USA 2000

Nominated
Oscar Best Effects, Sound Effects Editing
Ren Klyce
Richard Hymns

No comments:

Post a Comment