Friday, August 19, 2016

But I was sure it was Saturday . . .

Good evening dear friends. 

Sometimes . . . just sometimes . . . I get really confused.  Hal was home today which means it must be Saturday.  Right?  I called my son and asked him where he was.  At work, duh!  That's when I realized it was not Saturday.  I lost track of how many times I thought today was Saturday.  I blame Hal . . . LOL.


Anyway, between Hal and I we took care of lots of jobs around the house.  Hal's jobs included getting prettified with a new haircut (that doesn't look like crap . . . yes, still a little bitter about my hair) and picking up a part for the van.  That part is now in the middle of my dining room with a shiny coat of Toreador Red automotive paint which is very stinky.

I nearly made it through the whole day in pyjamas until we received a text from our friends, Wayne & Laura, inviting us out to dinner at Braxtons.  We do not get to see each other nearly as much as we would like to . . . so I did a quick-change into some real clothes and off we went.  The only thing that could possibly make the evening better was the fact that they paid!! in honour of our upcoming 33rd wedding anniversary.  And we got to torture a new server just a little bit.  He was warned about us so he was a really good sport and gave excellent service.  

Tomorrow is shopping day with Nanna plus I have to get my contributions to Sunday's pot luck made AND get Hal's laundry done so he can get him packed up to leave for the open road again.  Don't worry . . . he has a to do list to get through as well tomorrow.

Good night dear friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment