Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Journal Prompt ~ Driver's Ed

Today's Prompt: Driver's Ed

How did you learn to drive.



Can I be charged for an offence committed 25 years ago?  I need to know that before I answer this question on a public forum . . . LOL . . . 

I learned how to drive out of desperation.  I have never been mechanically inclined and was never really interested in driving.  But by the time baby #3 came along I had no choice.  Baby #2 didn't like to sleep and late night car rides were often the only solution.  Hubby worked midnights so I got to practice driving . . . a lot.

My dear hubby taught me how to drive.  He will tell you that he was an excellent teacher.  I did learn how to drive so I guess one of us knew what we were doing.

The first time I took the driver road test I had a near perfect score .  . . until she said it was time to head back to the office . . . and I turned left on a yellow light.  I wasn't in the intersection at the time which made it illegal and an automatic fail.  I was not happy.

A couple of weeks later I was back again only this time I got the examiner from hell.  He constantly criticized everything I was doing.  He told me I didn't have my signals on when it was very evident that they were on.  He nearly ran me ragged.  When we got back to the office he informed me that he would be in his rights to fail me but he could see by all the car seats in the back that I needed to have a license.  He was going to do me a favour and pass me.

I am still not a great driver.  By that I mean that I am not a natural.  I get from point A to point B.  

No comments:

Post a Comment