Thursday, July 19, 2012

I'm a truck driver's wife . . .

. . . which means I spend a lot of time alone, I never know when he's going to be home for sure so its hard to make plans . . . but I usually enjoy the time he is home . . .

When he was with a company in Mississauga he was on the road 2 or more weeks at a time.  He worked most weekends.  He was usually cranky . . . very cranky . . . by the time he got home . . . it would be his second day home before he was rested, fed, clean and feeling happy again.  And then the next day he'd head back to work.  He worked there for almost 2 years.  It was good money but . . .

These photos were taken in April when I met him out at the Flying J Truck Stop on Highbury and rode back to Mississauga with him.






I always enjoy watching the jets land . . . it seems like they are so incredibly low . . . 


My hubby no longer works out of Mississauga.  He found a job with a local company.  I still spend a lot of time alone, I still don't always know when he is going to be home so it is still hard to make plans . . . but he is usually home at least once during the week and at least one day on the weekends.  I can live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment