Monday, May 15, 2023

Book Review ~ The Illiad and the Odyssey

Image result for iliad and odyssey book

Believe it or not, I have read The Illiad and The Odyssey which may or may not have been written by Homer 2700 years ago.  There is even some speculation that Homer may never have existed and that each book was written by some anonymous scribe of yore.

I read it as part of an introductory Literature class at university and here is what I remember . . . not much.  I know it was about the Trojan War and I know many real scholars and pretend scholars think it is amazing.  I think it is long and has too many words.  I probably shouldn't be admitting this, should I?  It is similar to driving the Cabot Trail.  Glad you took the challenge.  Glad you never have to do it again.

But don't trust my opinion.  Read it yourself and let me know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment