Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Aylmer, Ontario ~ Spicer's Bakery and Spicer's Deli

Spicer's Bakery is on the main street of Aylmer, just past the Town Hall.  It has been around as long as I can remember.  Among my favourites when I was growing up were the slab cakes and the flaky buttery dinner rolls.  I would eat those rolls like they were cookies.

We enjoyed our visit last week.  Hal and the young lady behind the counter had lots to say to each other.  She was wearing an AC/DC t-shirt which totally impressed Hal.  We each picked a delicious treat but I couldn't buy any bread . . . it was too fresh to slice and wrap yet.  

We did enjoy our treats though.






As we were leaving the store we noticed that Spicer's had a deli right next to the bakery.  That was new to us.  Too full of chicken and cookies to feel like trying the deli out . . . but when we return to Aylmer for another visit we will definitely check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment