Friday, December 14, 2012

Nanna's Christmas flower

If you've followed my blog for any length of time you know I can grow just about anything in an outdoor garden.  Bringing plants inside my house is signing their death sentence.  I can't make a chia pet grow.  This is a serious problem.  A plant I received as a birthday gift recently actually lasted almost two months.  The really funky curly poinsettia that Nanna  just gave me has only lost a few petals so far.  I have high hopes that it will last until Boxing Day but not much longer.
Every year Grandma Shirley would give me an amaryllis and every year I would try and make it grow.  I don't think one ever survived to Christmas Day.  Hey, I can't be skilled at everything (just kidding . . . because I can.  I'm just not)!

So now you know my not so secret shame.  I kill houseplants.  Nanna, on the other hand, can make anything grow.  I just got a call from her the other day because she is so thrilled with her new plant and she wanted photos taken.



No comments:

Post a Comment