Monday, June 5, 2023

Book Review: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins




So I began reading . . . just a few chapters . . . and next thing I knew a couple of hours had passed.  I stopped reading to get some chores done.  But I kept coming back to the computer and reading a few more chapters.  At 11 that night I gave up pretending I didn't really want to read the book and settled in with a cup of tea.  At 2:30 in the  morning I could no longer see the screen but I was almost done.

The next day I brought my supper into my office and finished off the book in very short order.

I think this book is very simply and clearly written, perfect for the teen audience this book is meant for, and yet it remains mature enough to keep an adult's interest.  While the characters were not particularly easy to connect with, I was happy when I learned who the winners of the Hunger Games were.  And I have to say I was kind of impressed that the author didn't end with the perfect happy ending.  Well, of course, there are three more books.  Perhaps the happy ending is in one of them.  



No comments:

Post a Comment