Wednesday, January 1, 2020

2020 Craft Space Organization Challenge ~ Day Dreaming

Why do we come up with cute, self-deprecating names for our crafts and our craft space?  Why do we not take ourselves seriously?

Several years ago I realized the only thing holding me back from taking my work seriously was me. How could anyone else take me seriously when I didn't see my self as a serious craftperson? 

I’m only a scrapbooker. A scrapbooker who has been developing her talent for over 20 years, who has taught others, who has written books . . . so why wasn’t I taking my skill seriously?

And then I did. I started ordering my business cards with my name and title, Paper Artist and Blogger. And my crop room became my studio. I may never become rich or famous but that doesn’t change the fact that I am an artist and what I create is very serious and very important to me. 



Organizing your creative space should be taken seriously too. Constant clutter will block your creative energy and keep you from doing your best work.

So it is time to do a little day dreaming. What would your perfect studio look like? How would you improve what you currently work in? Start jotting down ideas and making sketches. Go through some magazines looking for ideas you think would be perfect for you. What do you need in your creative space to make you enthusiastic and and yet content?

I live in a building where we are not supposed to paint the walls. Yep, six rooms of beige. So I hang up art . . . only pieces that make me happy or give me happy memories. I have two Clark McDougall prints hung in my studio that bring me joy every time I look at them. My solution to the boring walls is art.


Image result for Ann's Snack Bar Clark McDougall

Look for your problem areas. Think of ways you can solve the problems. Take notes. Make sketches. Don’t think about costs yet. Don’t buy anything yet. That comes later. Just dream . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment