Sunday, May 3, 2020

Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)

Star Wars:  Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)


Star Wars: Episode IV — A New Hope | Wookieepedia | Fandom

Hal and I are watching are rewatching the Star Wars movies this week.  I can't say I am a huge fan of the Star Wars franchise . . . but I do like it quite a bit.  I think it is very clever.  And I can't believe I never questioned why the first movie was called Episode IV.

It has a great and swashbuckling story line and great special effects, especially for the times.  "Luke Skywalker joins forces with a Jedi Knight, a cocky pilot, a wookiee and two droids to save the universe from the Empire's world-destroying battle-station, while also attempting to rescue Princess Leia from the evil Darth Vader."  I stole this from IMDB because I couldn't have said it better myself.

I think a week of social distancing should be devoted to watching all the Star Wars movies while curled up on the couch eating popcorn.

 


I like that . . . the story of a boy, a girl and a universe . . . 


Academy Awards, USA 1978

Won
Oscar Best Art Direction-Set Decoration
John Barry
Norman Reynolds
Leslie Dilley
Roger Christian

Best Costume Design
John Mollo

Best Sound
Don MacDougall
Ray West
Bob Minkler
Derek Ball

Best Film Editing
Paul Hirsch
Marcia Lucas
Richard Chew

Best Effects, Visual Effects
John Stears
John Dykstra
Richard Edlund
Grant McCune
Robert Blalack

Best Music, Original Score
John Williams

Special Achievement Award

Ben Burtt (as Benjamin Burtt Jr.)
For sound effects. (For the creation of the alien, creature and robot voices.)

Nominated
Oscar Best Picture
Gary Kurtz

Best Actor in a Supporting Role
Alec Guinness

Best Director
George Lucas

Best Writing, Screenplay Written Directly for the Screen
George Lucas 

No comments:

Post a Comment