Friday, September 16, 2016

Spaghetti Squash Fried Rice

Spaghetti Squash "Fried Rice" | Grain Free, Gluten Free recipe on MarlaMeridith.com

As you can see in the bottom corner of the photo, I borrowed this recipe from MarlaMeridith's blog.  And if you know me at all, you know it was changed to suit me.  The end result was delicious.

Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
4 Servings

1 spaghetti squash
2 cloves garlic, diced I used Sunset Gourmet Oh! So Garlic
2 large eggs, whisked
1 Tbsp peanut or olive oil
3/4 cup sliced carrots I wanted more veggies so I slivered some celery and added a tin of water chestnuts and a handful of edamame
1/2 cup chopped green onion (reserve a bit to sprinkle on the finished dish) I didn't have any green onion! so I cut a cooking onion into wedges.  
1 Tbsp fish sauce and 1 Tbsp of soy sauce
sriracha sauce to taste I used Tabasco sauce

Yes, I am a recipe rebel . . . LOL.

Poke several holes in squash to release steam as it cooks.  Cook for about 15 minutes in the microwave until completely soft.  You could also bake in the oven at 375 F for about 45-55 minutes until cooked through.  

Let the squash cool a bit.  Cut in half, discard seeds and scoop out "spaghetti".  Place in a large bowl.  Slice the squash into small rice-like pieces.  I didn't cut up the squash.

In a large non-stick skillet add the oil, garlic and carrots.  Heat over medium high heat a few minutes until the carrots soften.  Add the spaghetti squash and cook for about 5 minutes.  Quickly stir in the eggs with a rubber spatula and combine well.  They will scramble into the squash.  Add fish sauce, some Sriracha and 1/4 cup green onions.  Combine well.  Serve topped with more green onion.

No comments:

Post a Comment