Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Journal Prompt ~ Learning

Today's Prompt: Learning

What's something you have learned in the past few days?


I was making a new recipe for a chickpea and tomato salad.  The recipe called for chopped red onion.  I love onion in everything but I've often noticed that raw onion gives off a very strong smell and effects the taste of whatever it is in within a very short time.  This particular recipe suggested soaking the onion in cold water and a few drops of vinegar for 30 minutes before using it in the recipe.  It works.  I made the recipe and, while the onion was a little stronger the next day, it was still quite tasty and didn't effect the taste of the salad much at all.  

Imagine if I let the onion soak overnight in the fridge.  I bet it would be perfect.  I will have to try that.

No comments:

Post a Comment