Monday, December 1, 2014

About Mice and Weather ~j


WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2014

Today's Writing Prompt: Wild Pets

If you could have any wild animal as a pet, which would you choose?



I like animals in the abstract. I am not a pet owner. We had all kinds of pets when the boys were young but mostly cats. The worst pets we had (in my world) were the mice, a gift from my sister . . . although she still denies she did that. The boys were very young and I was responsible for the horrid little creatures. Now that the boys are grown ups I no longer keep pets. I figure I've looked after all the eating and pooping critters I care to. I think it is quite clear that I would not choose any wild animal.



I posted two blogs posts on February 5th. One is about a sampler afghan I was working on. Happy to report that it is finished and resides over the back of a chair in my living room. http://inmyworld-pam.blogspot.ca/2014/02/celtic-texture-afghan-strip.html.


The second post is about organizing fibres and ribbons. http://inmyworld-pam.blogspot.ca/2014/02/organization-challenge-6.html



National Weatherman's Day
When : Always February 5th
National Weatherman's Day honors weathermen, and woman who work hard to accurately predict the often fickle weather. Despite major technological advances and supercomputers, forecasting the weather is still a tricky, and ever changing business.
Knowing the weather is important in so many ways. It affect how we dress, where we go, and even if we go. Space launches are made or delayed depending upon the weather. And, knowing the weather can save lives. The most obvious example is knowing when and where hurricanes or tornados may hit.
According to the Air Force News, Weatherman's Day "commemorates the birth of John Jeffries, one of America's first weathermen". Jeffries was born on Feb 5, 1744. He kept weather records from 1774 to1816.
If you see a weatherman today, give them your appreciation for a job well done.
Source: http://www.holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/February/weathermanday.htm


And here was the weather forecast for SW Ontario on February 5th according to the Weather Network: http://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/southern-ontario-drivers-waking-up-to-snowy-roads-as-winter-storm-moves-through/20855/





February 5, 1954 - Most northerly group of Canada's Arctic islands, discovered by William Baffin in 1616, and not seen again until 1818, are named after Queen Elizabeth. Queen Elizabeth Islands, Nunavut
Source: http://canadachannel.ca/todayincanadianhistory/index.php/February_5

No comments:

Post a Comment