Thursday, November 13, 2014

The Outlander and Robbie Burns . . . ~j

SATURDAY, JANUARY 25, 2014

Today's Writing Prompt: Best Book

What's the best book you've read recently?

Usually the best book I've read is whichever one I am currently reading. I actually have a huge list of favourites. Among the old stand-bys are Gone with the Wind and Vanity Fair and just about anything by Jane Auel. Right now I am reading the Outlander series . . . which I had never heard of until my sister told me about the series on TV. I'm already on the second book.




The only blog I posted today was this one: http://inmyworld-pam.blogspot.ca/2014/01/knitting-up-storm.html


Opposite Day

National Speak Up & Succeed Day

1890: Nellie Bly completes her round-the-world trip in record time, beating Jules Verne's fictional character Phileas Fogg's record of 80 days.

1932: The Trans-Canada telephone system was inaugurated when the Governor General, the Earl of Bessborough, spoke to nine provincial lieutenant governors.

Robert Burns, Scottish poet (1759)
Burns Clubs around the world hold Burns Night celebrations toasting the “Immortal Memory” and concluding with the singing of Burns’ famous Auld Lange Syne.

William Somerset Maugham, British author (1874)


January 25, 1963 - Wilson Kettle dies at age 102; has at that time 582 living descendants. Newfoundland
Source: http://canadachannel.ca/todayincanadianhistory/index.php/January_25

No comments:

Post a Comment