Monday, August 27, 2012

Sometimes I think I am so clever . . .

I dabble in eBay from time to time.  Nothing serious.  A dollar here, a couple of dollars there.  Mostly craft supplies.  A few weeks ago I won an auction for double-pointed bamboo knitting needles.  I paid a ridiculously low price and the shipping was free.  I have always wanted bamboo needles and just couldn't afford them.  I figured that if they were crappy I wouldn't really be out much money.   They arrived the other day and they are lovely and smooth and polished and ready to use . . . until I looked at the labels . . . the sizes were all printed in Chinese . . . LOL . . . I have a measuring gauge for needles but what a pain that would be measuring them all the time.


When I took the bundle of needles apart today to photograph them for this blog post, I found the numbers carefully etched into each needle.  Thank goodness.

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of them... what are the advantage of them? Just the feel of them?
    Mitsy#9

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mitsy,

      Bamboo is lightweight and feel warm in your hands. I've always wanted to try them. I'll let you know how it goes.

      Pam

      Delete