Monday, February 16, 2009

Our first trek in 2009 - Family Day Holiday

We usually wait until spring to begin letterboxing, but today was cold, crisp and sunny . . . and I desperately needed a day off . . . to get away from it all . . . to spend some quality time with Grandpa.

We left St. Thomas at 8:09 am today.

Our first stop was Blair's Sheaves Tower. This was our second attempt and we FOUND IT. We are quite pleased with ourselves now. What a great way to start the morning.


Our next stop as That Chickadee Feeling. This was a bit of a tough find because there was a lot of ice and snow . . . but worth every slip and slide . . . and the chickadees are adorable.


Our third stop was O-2A Sky Master. What a great find. The carving was exquisite.


We noted two venues in the area we'd like to see -- The Children's Safety Village and Wings of Paradise. We've been to Wings before but it is definitely worth a second visit.

Our next attempt was A Walk in the Woods. Yep . . . just an attempt. I'm not sure if we were misinterpreting the clues or what . . . but we just could not figure it out. We'll do a little more research and give it another try next time we are in the area.

Wunderbar was another attempt. We found it but it was surrounded by muggles and we couldn't think of a good reason to go in after it . . . we'll go back next time with the grandkids to serve as a distraction.


Next we went to the Mennonites of Waterloo County - #1 Log Cabin Quilt. What a lovely walk. And the stamp was adorable. I can't wait for the rest of the series to be planted. We will definitely be back to find them.


Last stop before we headed home . . . Tastes Just Like Pu-erh. I didn't think the tea shop would be open but I wanted to check where it was for future reference and perhaps take a few photos. When Grandpa went to the door he spotted a note that stated the shop was opened Sunday and Monday by appointment only and included a phone number. We called. Karen invited us in and brewed a pot of Pu-erh tea. I loved it. I think Karen is the perfect hostess and I'm looking forward to a return trip to try more flavours . . . I spotted a bavaria chocolate rooibos that is calling my name . . .
It's been a long and exciting day. I hope to meet you all on the trail one day.
See ya at the Cut N Paste,
"Grandma"
Big Blue Team
St. Thomas ON

2 comments:

  1. Woo hooo! That's OUR box at the tea place! And Karen WAS awesome. She did a whole tea thing with us and was really nice when I explained how much I hated tea. I'd drink it all the TIME if it always tasted like the stuff she had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great write-up BBT. I love all the photos. I was happy that you returned to Blair Sheaves Tower and found my tricky letterbox this time. See you in May for the event in Pinafore Park. :) -- Lone R

    ReplyDelete