Friday, July 28, 2023

Journal Prompt ~ Lesser Evil

Today's Prompt: Lesser Evil

You must choose one of the following:  Your car breaks down, you have to spend an evening with your ex, or a day of dental work.



TOP 25 LESSER EVIL QUOTES (of 59) | A-Z Quotes


Well let me think . . . 

If my car breaks down I would be late for wherever I was supposed to be going . . . unless I really didn't want to be there in the first place and then it would be okay.  As long as I'm off the road so no one runs into me I think that would be okay.  If I am on the road, hopefully the road is on a slope and I can steer my way off the road . . . or maybe some good Samaritans will come along and push me to the side.  I can call for help if one of those good Samaritans has a cell phone . . . because I have cruddy cell phone coverage and probably wouldn't be able to use mine.  I suppose I could make a sign on my window with lipstick that says "Call Me A Tow Truck" or something.  I have road side assistance on my car so I wouldn't have to pay for help if it ever arrived and that is good . . . 

Spending an evening with my ex.  First off that would never happen but even if it did maybe it would be nice to get a few things off my chest even though he wouldn't really get it.  But it might make me feel good.  Other than that it would just be annoying . . . sort of like being stuck in a broke down car only I would have to be with my ex which would really really really be annoying and likely not as cathartic as I imagine.

Just talking about dentists makes me anxious.  So I'm not even going to consider the dentist scenario.

I guess I would have to say that the car break down would be the lesser of three evils.

No comments:

Post a Comment