Monday, April 17, 2023

Journal Prompt ~ Admirable

Today's Prompt: Admirable

What is a personality trait you admire in other people?


Was Queen Elizabeth Really Trolling Trump? | Vogue

The personality trait I admire most in other people is restraint.  I think the ability to be disciplined and self-controlled is a powerful asset.


re·straint
rəˈstrānt/
noun
  1. 1.
    a measure or condition that keeps someone or something under control or within limits.
    "decisions are made within the financial restraints of the budget"


  2. 2.
    unemotional, dispassionate, or moderate behavior; self-control.
    "he urged the protesters to exercise restraint"
    synonyms:self-controlself-restraintself-disciplinecontrolmoderation,prudence, judiciousness, abstemiousness
    "the protestors showed restraint"

I do believe I can show some restraint or self-control but I wish I could maintain it at all times, especially in social situations and times of stress.  Unfortunately, I am the emotional type so crying and yelling and occasionally swearing may might could  will occur when I am under stress.  

No comments:

Post a Comment