Friday, January 9, 2015

Delayed Gratification and My Passion for Paper


SUNDAY, MARCH 2, 2014

Today's Writing Prompt: Delayed Gratification

What's something good in your life you've had to wait for in order to have?

Pretty much everything would be my quick answer.  It has only been in the past few years that I've discovered what I am passionate about and actually been able to have the time and resources to explore those passions.

I love paper art.  I love paint and ink and glue.  Most of the time I follow the unwritten and often written rules of scrapbooking and paper art.  Sometimes I prefer not to.  I am happiest when I have glue on my hands and ink on my arms and paint pretty much everywhere.

And I've found a couple of ways to support my addiction.  I create books about scrapbooking.  Have you ever had a look at my website?  Please check it out at   http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/afreshstart .  If you could only ever buy one of my books, I would recommend Design Strategies for Scrapbookers based on a class I have been teaching for the past 6 years.


Design Strategies for Scrapbookers - black & white edition

Paperback, 47 Pages 
     This item has not been rated yet
Design Strategies for Scrapbookers - black & white edition

Price: $10.83
Ships in 3-5 business days
Do you ever sit and stare at your scapbooking supplies and wonder where to begin? Do you believe your friends are more creative than you are? Do all of your scrapbooking layouts look the same? Are you in a scrapbooking rut? In my 16 years of scrapbooking I have learned a few things that will make all the difference to you. So take a deep breath, relax and go to page 1 of Design Strategies for Scrapbookers.


I also make handmade paper piecings.  You can see them at https://www.facebook.com/PaperPiecings