Saturday, February 1, 2014

Crockpot Chicken Sweet Potatoes


8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (I used 3 large chicken breasts)
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper (I used all my cayenne pepper making Homemade Chili Powder . . . so I used 1/8 tsp. of that)
1 tsp. paprika (I used 1 tsp. Homemade Chili Powder)
1 tsp. curry powder
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 onion, chopped
1  cup peach or apricot preserves (I used applesauce)
3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup chicken broth or water
2 tbsp. cornstarch (I was happy with the consistency of the sauce so I didn't thicken it)

Place sweet potatoes and onions in a 3-1/2 quart slow cooker.  Sprinkle chicken with salt, cayenne pepper, paprika, curry powder, and ginger. Place chicken on top of potatoes.  Top with peach preserves, vinegar, and soy sauce.  Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours (I went high for 4 hours) until chicken is thoroughly cooked and sweet potatoes are tender.  Combine chicken broth and cornstarch and mix well.  Add to slow cooker.  Cover and cook on high 10-15 minutes until sauce is thickened.

from About.com Busy Cooks

No comments:

Post a Comment