Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Sailing the Seven Seas . . . okay Lake Ontario . . . but it was cool!!

I love all these coupon companies like WagJag and Groupon.  I have been able to try so many things that I might not otherwise try because of the expense.  A cruise on the Kajama, a restored tall ship in Toronto, was just such an adventure.  I was able to get 1/2 price tickets through a coupon company and off we went.  

I had an amazing time.  The crew, mostly university students, were fabulous.  It was a gorgeous sunny day.  I was with some of my favourite people.  It was my birthday present and one more item stroked off my bucket list.


The best part was that you could participate in raising sails and singing sea shanties or you could just sit back in a chair and sip on a lovely cold chardonnay.  Hal chose the first option.  I chose the second.






I have to say that the cruise would have been worth it at full price, but I'm awfully glad I got it at half price.

Now for the cons of this trip -- they only accept credit cards and cash at the bar and parking is expensive on the weekends.   That's all I can think of . . . LOL . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment