Monday, July 9, 2012
I belong to a scrapbooking group on Yahoo! Big surprise, huh? It isn't very active anymore but they have the greatest journaling prompts which I use to write in my journal.
One day the prompt was to list 25 Escapes I Would Like To Indulge In . . . so here goes . . . in no particular order:
1. A train trip across Canada
2. A weekend all expenses paid at the Embassy Suites in Niagara Falls
3. Another 3-day crop at Windswept cottage in Port Lambton (this one will actually come true in October)
4. A cruise in Toronto Harbour (coming true this month onboard a tall ship)
5. A pedicure (never had one but hear it is better than sex)
6. Being able to attend all the letterboxing meet-ups in a 200 km radius of home
7. A weekend away with just Hal just about anywhere (although keep in mind #2 would be great)
8. Whale watching
9. An Alaskan cruise
10. Volunteer to help women and children in third world countries
11. A week doing just what I want and no housework or cooking
12. A gourmet dinner
13. A day all alone at the Royal Ontario Museum with Hal so I can actually see everything.
14. A trip to England, Ireland and Wales
15. Learn to paint
16. Pelee Island for a weekend
17. A week in Toronto going to museums and theatres (for free?)
18. A month travelling in a motor home and writing about our adventures.
19. A Broadway show (heck, I'd be excited to go to a Stratford show)
20. A day of clothes shopping with a professional shopper
21. A day of shopping and unlimited money and Swedish meatballs at Ikea
22. A makeover
23. A manicure
24. A real Victorian high tea
25. A whole week of sleeping whenever I want to.
So if you can't think of anything to get me for my birthday on the 28th, you can just refer to this list . . . LOL!!