Thursday, May 13, 2010

Letterboxing with Nanna

We took my 93-year-old Grandmother along for the ride when we drove our youngest son back to Toronto on Mother's Day. I think she enjoyed herself.

Our first stop was Fashion Mistake but I forgot to take a photo . . . sheeesh!!

Second stop was Mivas 1. It was a lovely spot and I found a gorgeous clearing full of pink-tinted trilliums. Instead of taking Nanna in for the hunts, we brought the letterboxes to her in the van so she could see them, stamped them, and then returned them to their hiding spots. Mivas 1 was a tough find because the area had been quite muggled and there has been some tree-cutting as well. We went with our instincts . . . if I were a letterbox where would I hide. And it worked . . . LOL.

Last stop before delivering Tim to his new TO apartment was Labyrinths ~ #1 Classical Eleven Circuit.
On the way home we stopped at Swiss Chalet in Hamilton for supper. It was a lovely Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment