Wednesday, June 2, 2021

A Taste of Canada ~ Cherry Blossom

Image result for cherry blossom chocolate

I can't remember the last time I saw a Cherry Blossom in a store but now that I've seen this I know I must find one.  They are so delicious.  I will let you know if I find them.

From Wikipedia:

Cherry Blossom is a type of chocolate confection in Canada produced by Hershey Canada Inc. Hershey used to produce it at its Canadian manufacturing facility in Smiths Falls, Ontario.

The candy had been manufactured since the 1890s by the Walter M. Lowney Company of Canada which was taken over by Hershey as a subsidiary brand.  The facility in Smiths Falls, north-east of Kingston, Ontario is now closed.

It consists of a maraschino cherry and cherry syrup surrounded by a mixture of chocolate, shredded coconut and roasted peanut pieces. The candy is sold in an individually wrapped 45-gram portion, packaged in a close-fitting cardboard box.

Contrary to common myth, filling is not injected inside the chocolate. The cherry candy is coated with an enzyme, invertase, that breaks down the solid into a liquid over the next 1 to 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment