Saturday, November 19, 2016

How to spend a perfect day . . . In My World . . .

Good evening dear friends.

I have had a pretty awesome day . . . if you don`t count the whole waking up to the alarm clock at ugly o`clock. Packed and out the door to spend some time with my scrappin`buddies at the No Fills Crop. I actually finished 5 layouts, enjoyed the pot luck lunch, visited with lots of friends. Sadly, I had to leave early afternoon to get ready for Hal`s birthday party.

We met up at Rail City Bistro at 4:30 for appetizers. We started off with a couple of orders of bruschetta, moved on to some delicious fritters and finished with the spinach and artichoke dip. They were all excellent. Funny story . . . Hal didn't like spinach (he said) but he sure does now. This weekend we were visiting Hawaii and the food was perfect. Most of our guests ordered the Hawaiian short ribs, island rice and grilled pineapple. A couple of us had the lau lau which is pork, fish and chicken wrapped in taro leaves and steamed to perfection, served with veggies and island rice. Soooooooo good. Dessert was haupia which is a coconut pudding-type dessert. I love coconut. I wonder where we will travel next week?


We had warm front row seats for the Santa Claus parade and waved to the jolly old elf as he flew by in his sled. Great parade this year. Thrilled to see how many people came out despite the blustery weather. If you were watching the parade from near the Rail City Bistro you probably were invited by our hostess to try her chocolate chip cookies. I hate to admit it but they were on par with Nanna cookies. Yes, they were that good. I wonder how many Krissy had? LOL.

Watched A Little Bit of Heaven on Netflix this evening. A really sweet, sad movie. Kleenex required.

Now I am off to bed with a good book. Who knows what tomorrow might bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment