Tuesday, January 12, 2016

The Great Pintrest Challenge . . . Apple Chips

Anyone see the video on how to make Apple Chips on Facebook or other social media platforms?  I saw it on Facebook.  Don't they look yummy?

spiced-apple-chips

Here's the link:  http://www.cookinglight.com/eating-smart/smart-choices/how-to-make-spiced-apple-chips-video?xid=social_facebook+

Anyway, I had some apples that were starting to get soft so I thought this might be a good idea.  I watched the video and scribbled down the instructions.  (I found out later that there was a link to the recipe . . . sigh.)


I used my brand new Epicure mandolin to cut the apples and I mixed the spices.  I laid out the slices on cookie sheets just like the recipe required.  I baked them in the oven for 1-1/2 hours.

And then I pulled the pan out of the oven to flip the chips.  Yeah, apparently I was so busy scribbling down the recipe that I failed to note the parchment paper.


The ones I managed to get off the sheet were quite tasty.  I'm still trying to figure out how to get the apples off the sheet.  Hubby says I should just throw them out . . . LOL.


No comments:

Post a Comment