Thursday, May 21, 2020

Journal Prompt 21 May 2020 ~ Mailbox

Today's Writing Prompt: Mailbox

What is the most interesting item you've ever received / found in your mailbox?


Dress your mailbox up in style with this wood mailbox post. (With ...

Once upon a time I could go to the mailbox and there was mail almost every day.  I used to join in swaps and write to pen pals so there was always something to look forward to besides bills.
But time moved on and postage became so expensive that it became ridiculous to join in swaps or write to pen pals.  

The thing I like most about online billing for everything is that bills have stopped coming to the mailbox . . . so if you see an envelope you know there is a good chance it is something nice . . . or the inevitable junk mail which isn't always junk mail if it is coupons.  Coupons are not junk.

My favourite thing to find in my mailbox is a sample box.  Every once in a while a company puts out an advertising to pick the samples you want to try and I always say yes.  Those boxes are fun because you never know what you will receive.  A couple of years ago I got a sample box from Kellogg's.  That was a spectacular box.



No comments:

Post a Comment