Monday, November 28, 2022

Journal Prompt ~ Doing it in Public

Today's Prompt: Doing it in Public

Have you ever fallen asleep in public? On the train on the way home maybe, or laying on the beach perhaps? Do you consider sleeping in public embarrassing, or dangerous, or just relaxing fun?



Once in a while . . . Sometimes there was a break between classes when I was a "mature" student at Western University and I would find a comfy chair to relax in.  At one point in time we had to read this horrible boring droning somnolent book about why it wasn't the AXIS soldiers fault that they did bad things during WWII.  Not only was the argument lame and stupid (to use technical jargon) but it was just awful writing.  I could never get more than 2-3 pages read before I would just nod off.  It didn't matter where I was.  But if I was in a comfy chair I usually only lasted 1-2 pages before crashing.  I was fair game for anyone who wanted to steal my books or purse . . . and oh how I wished they would steal that particular book . . . so I developed a system of wrapping my book bag and purse handles around one ankle and tucking the bags between my legs and the chair.  I knew I was going to fall asleep.  And I always did.

I never did finish the book but managed to get far enough in to it to write a decent paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment