Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Random Acts of Kindness and Happy birthday Toronto ~j


THURSDAY, MARCH 6, 2014

Today's Writing Prompt: Random Act of Kindness

Have you ever been on the receiving end of kindness from a stranger?

I've been on the receiving end of a random act of kindness many times.  The time that touched me the most was 10 or 12 years ago.  I can't remember the exact date.  I used to run a bunch of craft related Yahoo! groups and the women I met on these groups were my company every day.  A couple of times we had made afghans to send to a group member who was expecting a baby or going through tough health issues.  It was during this time that I was having trouble with allergies.  You know the whole sinus pain, itching, runny nose misery.  And this went on for months and months.  I was so sick.  And one of the fun side effects was an eye infection that totally went out of control to the point I had to keep wet wash cloths handy because if I closed my eyes they would seal shut.  My eyes hurt like they were full of glass.  I'm sure I whined online once in a while about how lousy I was feeling and how much I appreciated my online friends since I wasn't able to get out anymore.  They were able to keep their plans top secret until the day my beautiful comfortghan arrived in the mail.  I still have that blanket and use it whenever I don't feel well and I'm curled up in my chair.  



March 6, 1834 - City of Toronto, formerly the unincorporated town of York, incorporated under its original name, from "Le Passage de Toronto," a portage route to the "Lac de Toronto" - today's Lake Simcoe. "Toronto" in Huron referred to the fishing weirs at the narrows in Lake Couchiching. The city's population is now 10,000; the city is divided into five wards - St. George, St. Andrew, St. David, St. Patrick and St. Lawrence - and the first municipal election will be held March 27; William Lyon Mackenzie will be elected Toronto's first mayor. Toronto, Ontario

No comments:

Post a Comment