Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The Greatest Books of All Time . . .

I LOVE TO READ!  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.  My dear hubby has suggested that if I couldn't find a book to read, I would read the corn flakes box . . . LOL . . . and he is very right.

I found this great website The Greatest Books of All Time and I'm challenging myself to read or re-read each one over the next year, starting now.

So be prepared for lots of book reviews in December and throughout 2014.  I'll keep you up-to-date on what book I am reading and I would love to hear your opinions of it.  I'm hoping for this to be a very interactive project.  

Any locals want to get together to form a book club to read the Greatest Books of All Time?  I'd be happy to host.

So the first book on the list is Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes.  I found a free copy at DailyLit.

How can you not enjoy a book with this description:  The greatest book about why you shouldn’t read books, weirdly written at a time when there weren’t that many books to read. Quest along with Don Quixote and the long-suffering Sancho Panza as they break peoples’ china, get beaten up by peasants, and murder sheep.

No comments:

Post a Comment