Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Review of Denny's, London


My hubby's employer is just a minute or two down the road from the Denny's at Highbury/401 so we have frequented the place several times . . . usually in the middle of the night when I am picking him up and he is starving.  Guess what?  I don't want to cook in the middle of the night . . . LOL.

I have had some very lovely meals in this restaurant.  My first favourite meal was the breakfast plate with grits.  Yum.  And then one day I had the pumpkin pancakes and they were delicious.  I now have a new favourite, tried for the first time today.  Banana Pecan Pancake Breakfast.  It came with two large whole wheat pancakes with tons of pecans and extra bananas sliced on top, 2 slices of turkey bacon which I always love and scrambled egg whites.  I've never had egg whites before but they were light and fluffy and I think I like them better than whole eggs.  Yep that's my new favourite meal at Denny's.

Do you know what else I like about this Denny's restaurant?  It is clean.  You know how it most restaurants when the table is cleared and the server gives it a swipe with a cloth or rag?  The server was cleaning a table with a tub of soapy water and a cloth.  She even cleaned the chair seats.  And the servers are lovely.  I don't think I've ever had bad service there because bad service sticks in my mind for a very long time.

As we left the restaurant this morning, Hal to return to his truck, I mentioned to the lady at the cash register that I couldn't remember ever having a bad meal or service there.  The manager saw us chatting and came over so I repeated my compliment to her.  And now I am repeating it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment