Monday, September 4, 2023

Book Review: Diners, Drive-Ins, Dives: An All-American Road Trip . . .

I love the Food Network.  I watch several favourite shows even when they are repeats.  Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives is one of them.

Image result for Diners, Drive-Ins, Dives: An All-American Road Trip . . ."

My oldest son is also a fan of the show and he loaned me this book to read.  I had a riot reading it.  I loved all the stops on his All-American Road Trip and even recognized some of them from the show.  There were recipes for each diner after their story but I have to say there aren't too many I would actually make.  Not that they don't sound great, but they tend to have a ton of ingredients and be fried.  Great for a diner, not so great for my waistline.

I am definitely going to make the Chunky Monkey Pancakes on page 108 . . . how can anyone resist pancakes full of chocolate chips and walnuts, wrapped around bananas, and covered in whipped cream.  

No comments:

Post a Comment