Sunday, September 29, 2019

Downton Abbey (2019)

Image result for downton abbey movie

Mom and I went to see the Downton Abbey movie at the local theatre this past week.  You know how "these things" can go so very wrong but I can honestly say I was enthralled.  It was brilliant.  And be seeing it on the big screen it was easier to see all the details of the beautiful costumes and furnishings.  I will not go into details because I don't want to spoil the event for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

The best part is that you don't have to have watched the TV series in order to follow the movie . . . but . . . it was so nice to see our favourite characters again and how they have changed and, more importantly, stayed the same.  I really loved the downstairs mutiny.  (oops! I guess I let one spoiler slip)

Dame Maggie Smith (aka the Dowager Countess) is her wonderful ascerbic self.

No comments:

Post a Comment